super mario world font set
nintendo's super mario world (1990) on the SNES contains a maddening 5 pixel fonts. this set contains recreations of the four most prominent ones (as the fifth only seems to have been used for the "MARIO/LUIGI START !" and "GAME OVER" screens).
- Super Mario World Small 1 and Small 2
- the two small, 6px tall variants used for the game menus, end-of-stage stats, and the end credits. these have been spread out across the upper- and lowercase. note the reduced-size 5px tall numerals, and the copyright symbol used on the title screen.
- Super Mario World Big
- the 7px tall font used for the game's message boxes and level names on the world map.
- Super Mario World Superbig
- 12px tall font used in the end credits as well as for the in-game's bonus star counter.
additionally, this set also includes a 6px tall companion symbol font, with individual characters for: 1UP, 3UP, TIME, Luigi, Mario, Nintendo, 10, 200, 400, 800, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, clock, star, coins icon and the menu selection arrow.
update: in the game, the fonts have a 2px spacing to account for their outlines. in this recreation, i opted to just go for a 1px spacing - if you do use them outlined, make sure to add the extra pixel for authenticity.
- pixel font